Portfolio Management Analyst
iFDC, Inc. is a financial technology firm in Irvine, California specializing in trading strategy development and algorithm design, founded in 2017 by two seasoned traders each bearing over 20 years of industry experience. Our firm specializes in global futures and options trading strategies with years of proven track record.
The Portfolio Management Analyst administers portfolios and provides high level trading and operational support on our Asian Market team. This position reports directly to the Portfolio Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Re-balancing and trading – monitor accounts for cash flows, drift, and proper asset allocation/location; propose and execute primarily future and options trades across a variety of accounts
- Security maintenance – strong fundamental knowledge of various security types/strategies with ability to make recommendations on security classifications
- Data maintenance – compile and maintain middle and back office portfolio management and operational records; ability to extract and manipulate data via Excel
- Portfolio performance – strong understanding of futures market and mechanism of option hedging. Strong foundation on both quantitative analytics and fundamental understanding required.
- Portfolio administration – working knowledge of reconciliation and portfolio operations fundamentals
- Compliance – preparation and production of portfolio compliance reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Communication – ability to interface with clients.
- 3+ years of trading and/or operational experience in investment management or trading firm
- Previous experience with futures trading required
- Master’s degree, MBA or above from top tier University
- Interest in obtaining or progress towards CFA designation and/or series license registered or able to obtain within 3 months of hiring
- Extremely detail-oriented, analytical, strong focus on accuracy
- Self-starter, organized, able to set priorities
- High integrity, positive attitude, team player
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel, python, C# and R.
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency(read write&speak) in Chinese is highly preferred. Proficiency in Japanese and Cantonese preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Performance Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for professional growth and continuing education
Job Type: Full-time